Jeremiah Walton and I are thrilled to announce Nostrovia! Poetry’s first ever chapbook contest! We know so many talented writers are looking for the proper place to send their work, and we want to help publish and promote you! With that in mind, we’re going to be picking three winners for this contest(!), allowing us to publish a diverse set of styles and backgrounds! And since Nostrovia! Poetry is all about promoting writing and passionate living for our community, this opportunity is FREE!
- submissions must be in standard format (doc / docx / rtf)
- we love poetry, prose, and hybrid forms!
- traditional and experimental styles are both great!
- we’re open to collaborations, translation, and anything you can think of–surprise us!
- we prefer ~20-25 pages, but will consider up to ~30 pages (note: this includes all front material, as a cover page & table of contents are required. And please include an acknowledgments page for any previously published pieces)
- Update: SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN (from March 23rd until midnight of March 24th)
Winners & Prizes
All three winners will receive:
- their MS printed, with contributors receiving 25 copies each
- sharp customized cover art for their books, courtesy of Kyle Harvey’s expertise!
- focused promotion by the Nostrovia! family
Furthermore, winners’ books will debut at 2015 NYC Poetry Festival in July, where Nostrovia! has a vendors table for debut + distribution of your work. You’ll have the option to represent yourself & Nostrovia! by hitting the stage with us! And from there, your chapbooks will distributed through Nostrovia!’s traveling pop-up bookstore, Books & Shovels, taken across the country to LitQuake in San Francisco!
Got any remaining questions? Feel free to message us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Huge shout out to Mark Cugini at Big Lucks for their recent BEST PRIZE chapbook contest!
Jeremiah and I can’t wait to see what you’ve been writing, so start polishing those manuscripts!