Mark Cugini’s press Big Lucks Books is running a chapbook contest for POC poets. The prize is $100 and there is no entry fee. Submissions are open today, so if you wanna submit, you can do that right now.
Judge: Ginger Ko
Reading fee: None! This contest is sponsored by the Folio, the student-run literary journal from the MFA Program at American University.
Deadline: January 15
Prize: $100 + a full print run of the award-winning manuscript in 2016
- The author must identify as a person of color.
- All manuscripts must be previously unpublished in their complete form, although some or all of the individual poems may have appeared in periodicals or chapbooks. Authors who have only self-published, however, are encouraged to submit.
- Please keep submissions under 35 pages.
- Simultaneous submissions are encouraged: just let us know if your manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
- We prefer to do blind readings during our first look at each manuscript. Please do not include a title page or acknowledgements section in your manuscript. That said, you do not need to redact any biographical information from the content of your actual work.
- Do not send query letters or manuscripts directly to the editors during the review period.
- You may include an acknowledgements page at the end of your manuscript.
- We will consider all manuscripts we receive for publication, and a list of winners and finalists will be posted to our website.
For full info, check here!