Friends, today is one of the biggest celebrations of the year for Nostrovia! Press, and I’m thrilled to share all the news!
As we’d been doing since Tuesday, Jeremiah and I kept rereading our Finalists’ MSS, really trying to think about them as potential winners. Not only were we looking for all the qualities I listed in last week’s review (Heart, Craft, Freshness, etc), but we also wanted to showcase a diversity of voices that were somehow distinct from one another, but still complementary.
Truthfully, no less than 4 times did we think we’d figured it out, only to change our minds later that day… but once we’d decided upon our final trio, we knew we were ready!
With that finally decided upon, we reached out to our finalists first. This is always one of the hardest parts of the process 😦 But since we still loved their work(!), we’ll be featuring poetry from all of our finalists on our N!P website (creating a special page–stay tuned for more details), which will again be featured on our upcoming issue of F.A.L.D. #012. We’ll also invite all our finalists to our N! Online Reading later this year.
Not wanting to keep people waiting, I contacted the 3 winners last night, letting them know the good news–I always love seeing people’s initial excitement 🙂
And so, Nostrovia! Press is beyond excited to announce the following winners for our 2016 Chapbook Contest(!!!):
- Elle Nash – “i can remember the meaning of every tarot card but i can’t remember what i texted you last night”
- Emily O’Neill – “Make a Fist & Tongue the Knuckles”
- Bob Sykora – “I Was Talking About Love – You Are Talking About Geography”
What a team! Jeremiah and I love these MSS and can’t wait to share them with you all in the months to come ❤
We’re already racing along, and will have many details about the editing + production side of this contest as we go, but for now:
- winning MSS have been sent to CA Mullins of Bottlecap Press, who will be lending us his expertise again this year, helping us pin down printing details to best bring each chapbook into the world ❤
- we’ve also sent along the MSS to Chuck Young, who will be helping us find perfect covers for our winners, navigating us through tNY‘s considerable network of artists (unless our winners have someone already in mind!) 🙂
The writers and I have a TON of work ahead of us, as we’ll be doing everything to get these chaps edited, designed, blurbed, reviewed, and printed, ready to distribute by the first week of July. Like last year, presales will open in June, but we’ll be sure to let you know as we get there!
Again, if you’d like to participate in any form of promotion this year, do let me know!
Much love to you all
We intend to have a new Tavern post each Wednesday, giving an inside look at the N! process, so stay tuned for more updates!